Alajuela is one of the most extensive provinces of Costa Rica, known as “The Land of Mangoes”. Its territory spreads to the north, reaching the boundary with Nicaragua. Alajuela was founded in 1782 and gave birth to such famous historical characters like Juan Santamaría, the national hero that burned down the “Mesón de Rivas” in 1856.
This province has an enviable natural richness. Its uneven topography includes the rainforest and exuberant plains to the north. Visitors have a choice of the two most impressive, active volcanoes of the country: Arenal volcano, in the City of San Carlos and the Poás volcano, at the Central Volcanic Mountain Range. Poás volcano is one of the most splendid volcanoes in Costa Rica, known for its beautiful landscape and different habitats. During the last decades, Alajuela has become a regular journey for those who love Costa Rica’s natural richness.
Conveniently situated in the Carmen part of Alajuela, this property puts you close to attractions and interesting dining options. This 3-star property is packed with in-house facilities to improve the quality and joy of your stay. The hotel currently is a one-night stopover to go to the airport.
In the works an agreement with the Municipality to close off the road near the cathedral of Alajuela to create a only foot traffic and close off for cars to develop a cultural center in Alajuela and the hotel will be able to use the boulevard for a terrace and sell food and Beverage.
The property offers a continental or a la carte breakfast. Park View Hotel & Restaurant is 8.1 km from Viva Park and 16 km from “Parque Diversiones” Juan Santamaría International Airport is the closest and is 3 km away.
- 10 family room hotel, with The property offers a continental or à la carte breakfast.
- All rooms at Park View Hotel & Restaurant have a TV, air conditioning and a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries. Some also have a balcony.
- Small restaurant and kitchen with small menu.
- Very well centrally located, right in the center of town.
- Expansion possibilities, there are possibilities on the 4th floor for a light structure according the owner. According owner a 4th floor roof terrace is also possible.
- The neighboring buildings are for sale according the owner.
- Possibility of three tables outside to create a small terrace.
- Planning to leave the electric cables subterraneous.
- Parking area for 6 cars in front.
- A boulevard is being planned by the city.
Things to do in Alajuela:
- The cathedral right in front of the Hotel
- Museo Histórico Cultural Juan Santamaría. It is 1 minute.
- The ARA Project – 2.74 km (walking distance: 33 minutes) is not far away and the kids will love it!
- There are several amusement parks in Costa Rica like: Balneario Ojo de Agua situated in 3.98 km (48 minutes) traveling Park View Hotel & Restaurant on foot.
- Art Galería Taller Edgar Zúñiga
- Alajuela Central Park (Alajuela) which is very close to Park View Hotel & Restaurant
- Art Gallery, Gym, Cafe, Museum, Night Club, Park, Restaurant, Zoo, Casino, Amusement Park, Aquarium.
- 30 km from Poas National Park and 1.1 km from Alejandro Morera Soto Stadium.
My take on this small Hotel. Very good located right in the cultural part of Alajuela, A general Hotel concept is missing but with some TLC you have a great potential product. Tourism market and OTA’s and corporate market.