Partly titled construction 11 ha Project of a Luxury Boutique Hotel or wellness project in the Tortuguero National Park and Barra de Colorado Wildlife Refuge, Province of Limon, Costa Rica. The jungle and Caribbean landscape that surrounds it will envelop you and you will wait for the time to sleep to really rest and when you sleep, the time to wake up that will be accompanied by a million sounds from the surrounding jungle and the murmur of the Caribbean Sea that dwells around. If you want to rest, read, think, enjoy… this is your place, where silence is heard. This region is part of the 5 most sought Tourism destination of Costa Rica to visit.
The flora and fauna in the area is rich, wonderful, and unique, presenting several species in danger of extinction, such as several sea turtle species, like the green turtle, the Carey turtle, the Leatherback turtle, as well as mammals and birds as rare as the Jaguar as well as the Tapir, and one of the rarest birds the beautiful Agami Storch.
In front an extensive and unspoiled natural canal, surrounded by tropical rainforest, and separated from the sea by only a narrow peninsula of virgin and intact tropical jungle. The tranquility of the water and the zone will bring much wildlife to the property. important places for the arrival of leatherback, green and hawksbill turtles. Once a year, these incredible species come to their birthplace to lay their eggs. Surrounded by three Sea Turtle conservation projects, 2400 hectares of Biological Reserve and a labyrinth of rivers and swamps.
Characteristics of the property.
The property, of total 112,955 m2 (11.2 hectares) and in rectangular, is limited by the Caribbean Sea in the East, the Canal Caño Palma in the West and undeveloped properties to the North and South. it is extending into a rectangular space 200 meters wide by 650 meters long, limited by the beach of the Caribbean Sea at one end Orientation East and the Caño Palma channel in the Orientation West.
Project Area Location
The property is located 1.5 km north of the town of Tortuguero (See Annex 1, Location Plan). It is located within the “Barra de Colorado Wildlife Refuge”, adjoining with the “Tortuguero National Park” and forming part of the Archie Carr Mesoamerican Biological Corridor. Tortuguero National Park is a renowned protected area in the Caribbean side of Costa Rica. We are offering 27.9 acres ( 11 Ha) available for eco-tourism development, sustainable community development or investment.
- The original idea of the owners was to develop an Eco-Tourism Hotel project in the farm that is offered. Priceless titled 5000-meter property between the channel and the Ocean.
- For this reason, if you are interested in acquiring the land, the owners offer, free of charge and as part of a “purchase package”, to assign the acquired legal rights for the development of the project, as well as all the documentation with which is currently counted
- This project could be the Flagship of the Tortuguero region, with chain or franchise potential.
- Mixed development possible between residential, Hotel and Wellness resort.
- Hotel development, Restaurant and meeting rooms were planned.
- However, for health reasons, they were unable to complete their hotel project, even with the majority of studies, permits and construction plans. It is for this reason that we will present the following, information on the sale of the Kumarah’s farm, also contemplating the sale of studies, analyses, permits, construction plans and other instruments.
- Already having most of the studies, permits and construction plans as partly turnkey permit process.
- Wellness resort and Spa. Mixed development with Boutique Hotel and residential with a low foot imprint of sustainable and green living
Privately owned area
- with the right to be registered in the Land Registry. This central part of the property is where a project can be built (Hotel, with rooms and common areas, main restaurant, employee housing, owners’ housing, swimming pools, etc.).
Additionally, the property consists of two concession Zones:
- The first 50 m from the water’s edge of the Caño Palma canal is a public area, this piece of property is for public use and can be located on it: Piers, complementary facilities to the rustic-type pier. 150 m from the limit of the public use area, it is state-owned, but it can be used privately to locate rustic-type buildings and ecotourism facilities after obtaining a right of use from the Ministry of Environment and Energy.
- Maritime-terrestrial zone, with a width of 200 m and a length of 150 m. It can be used for ecotourism development after obtaining the right of use by MINAE. Public Zone, corresponds to the current beach on the Caribbean Sea, and is a spawning place for the different species of Caribbean turtles. Public Zone, corresponds to the current beach on the Caribbean Sea.
My take on this spectacular and captivating one-of-a-kind property. Because of the fact that you have the middle part titled, property is extremely rare and give you the potential to purchase a property what could be the flagship property in the Tortuguero region.